- May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise.
- Groan not in supplication this day for ye shall certainly not be helped by Us.
- The supplication of a dead man's hand under the twinkle of a fading star.
- Annotation of the Musical Culture Records in the Drum Worship of the Miao Perple and the Supplication of the Buyi People
- a prayer asking God's help as part of a religious service
- a humble request for help from someone in authority
- the act of communicating with a deity (especially as a petition or in adoration or contrition or thanksgiving);
"the priest sank to his knees in prayer"